Popular Posts of the Week

Jun 1, 2008

New Resident Evil 5 Trailer - Man without a parasite ridden body coming through!



Newest trailer for Resident Evil 5 looks incredible. We finally get to see more about the game and understand we'll be up against in the latest installment in the series.

Your zombies seem to be more like the enemies from RE 4 with the whole weird parasites infecting their bodies and forcing others to ingest the parasite creatures too. There seems to be a crazy cult leader again too, but this time he screaming about people trying to take their land and how those people are going to die.

You see some sort of underground temple ruins in the first few frames of the trailer, which makes me think that maybe the villagers covered the parasites in these ruins and it basically spread from there. Much like Resident Evil 4, there will be multiple types of parasites and boss parasites to kill. Funny stuff!

Also you get to see one of the support characters in the game who's a strong, black female character, which will hopefully make the people calling this game racist, happy. Look Capcom believes that people from all races should help kill zombies to save the world, not just white people. The female character seems to be possible from Africa or at least familiar with Africa and she might not know Chris Redfield from previous games.

Capcom seems to have incorporated the crowd mechanics from Dead Rising into the game which I'm not sure if I like that idea. If anyone remembers, I really didn't like Dead Rising and if Capcom puts any of the irritating points from that game into my Resident Evil, I'll slap them. Bad enough they keep ruining Mega Man - I won't let them kill my Resident Evil.

This is the only media in the world that I'll brave scary zombies to play, besides the RE movies and Shawn of the Dawn. Beyond that they have to be PG-13 Zombies for me to watch them, even then I've been scared. (There was a Goosebumps movie ... don't ask. I'm not proud.)

Can't wait for the game to be released. Looks pretty darn spiffy.

No comments: