Popular Posts of the Week

Jul 24, 2009

Epic 8-Bit Art: The Lost Racers


The Lost Racers - Collectable Card, originally uploaded by Arcade Art.

Though I was never a huge fan of Mario Kart growing up, my 4-year-old nephew has been getting me into the game with his gamecube version. He always begs me to play with him when I come over and I'm not sure if I'm good or not, but I know at least I can beat a toddler.

These neat art piece is from Arcade Artist to go with her Lost Racer Custom Bead Sprites. I love the addition of Robbie the Robot and I love her description of the piece.

"In 1992, a crack racing unit was snubbed by Super Mario Kart for a bunch of crimes they definitely did commit. Undetered, these bad boys of racing promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Mushroom Kingdom underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as lost racers of fortune. If you have a 16-bit problem, if no one else can help, and if you can control them, maybe you can buy... The B-Team."

Check out her Etsy Store to see all her amazing work.

No comments: