Popular Posts of the Week

Mar 4, 2008

Co-Creator of Dungeons & Dragons Passes Away Today


The official hasn't been passed down yet, but apparently the co-creator of the game, Dungeons & Dragons has passed away today. Gary Gaygax passed away at the age of 69. His son contacted the owners of Troll Lord Games, a company that publishes some of his books and then the news was posted in the forums.

Gary and David Anderson were basically the fathers of table top role-playing games and their game has spawned hundreds of companion books, 4 edition releases, quite a few videogames and a couple of movies. D&D also influenced hundreds of the RPGs in over the last 30 years or so.

Basically role-playing games wouldn't be if it weren't for D&D. Today I weep along side my fellow geeks as I mourn the loss of someone who got me through high school. Yes, I was a D&D geek and a White Wolf and Rifts geek too. I guess he rolled his last save.

Gary Gygax was survived by his wife and six children.

Goodbye Dungeon Master, we appreciate all the adventures and joy you've brought to all of us.

No comments: