Popular Posts of the Week

Feb 14, 2008

Saying goodbye to the Robot


I really hate to be posting this, but recent circumstances in my life have made it really hard for me to devote the time to Destructoid that it deserves and so I've decided to step down as a writer for the site.

I still plan to lurk in the community blogs and beg Dtoid for a link or two once in a while, but my plan is to focus on my own blog and my reviews for the Pulse Niagara.

I loved every moment I worked for Destructoid and appreciate the chance that Niero gave me. He will always be the best boss I've ever worked for and there will always be a place in my heart for the robot and Destructoid.

I wish the best of luck to the site and staff. Destructoid is destined for great things, but I don't think I'm good enough as a writer to be apart of that. In the beginning, Dtoid was just gamers writing about gaming, but Niero wants to make the site professional and I just don't fit that mold.

I hope to develop my writing and my status in the gaming industry in my own projects, so that maybe one day I can meet that professional level.

It's hard for me to leave after 2 years and it feels like I'm breaking up with a boyfriend. I love Dtoid and all, but we're just not right for each other anymore. Better that we break it off now and stay friends in the long run.

I hope everyone will still check out my blog, The Girl Gamer from time to time. I promise to still post stuff in the cblogs. Besides I can't cut the community out completely without leaving a big hole in my heart.

1 comment:

MC said...

That's too bad Faith but I wish you the best in the future. Sometimes you have to do your own thing.