Popular Posts of the Week
My favorite website, http://www.sugarbank.com/ has now added another site to its many sister sites called SugarJoy. ht...
Another new piece in my store is from the Disney XD cartoon, Star VS the Forces of Evil. I found this piece of pixel art on a tumblr page,...
Gannondork on Etsy is selling beautiful reproduction prints of a painting they made of the Falcon Airship from Final Fantasy VI. The 18...
Jan 12, 2008
This is so true. Trust me, I know first hand.
Small fact about me: I once worked for the wonderful company known as Radio Shack. The company has since been bought out by Circuit City and is now known as The Source, but it will always be Radio Shack to me.
Anyway surfing Gizmodo this morning for the video of their stupid CES prank (see post above), I came across this little gem - Confessions of a Former Radio Shack Employee and just had to read it.
Everything he says is true.
* Batteries are always over priced.
* You should never activate/purchase a cellphone there and expect the sales people to fix anything on your bill later on.
* Sales people will always try to sell you something more expensive than you need.
* The sales aren't that great unless its on discontinued items
* Finally we have to ask for names and addresses or we'll get fired. It's true. The company wants 80% names and addresses for all your sales or they'll fire you. But if it makes you feel better, the company never sold the information when I worked there. Radio Shack lost a product deal with Microsoft because they wouldn't give up their information database for Microsoft use.
Funny thing is ... I liked working there. I would work there again. It's the tech geek in me I guess.