Popular Posts of the Week

Jan 4, 2009

Honorable Mentions of 2008

Game with Best Character Name - Mirror's Edge (Faith)
Any game with a character that shares the same name as me has to be mentioned. Best of all, I didn't even have to bride anyone at EA or DICE to get a character named Faith.

Best Indie Title - World of Goo
Getting to spend hours making structures with little balls of goo that make cute little noises is pure ecstasy to me and I'm happy to see this little title make it big.

Best Mashup Title - Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

I think we all laughed our butts off when this game was announced but despite a lack of fatalities this game is pretty cool to play. I've already finished the DC storyline and plan to tack the MK side soon.

Best New Game Character in Need of Merchandising - Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)

This character screams make a plushie out of me and while we're on the topic, how about a LittleBigPlanet TV Show, breakfast cereal and "How to Knit" series of books.

Best Revamp of a Series - Prince of Persia
Personally I hate the Prince of Persia series and could never get pass the few couple of levels in any of the game series without giving up due to boredom or frustration, but the newest installation in the series is amazing and I love its Assassin's Creed feel. The art style is also a wonderful new change.

Best Use of Colour - de Blob
This game was addicting as it was fun. Both a colourful and enjoyable game to play, de Blob was a great third party title on the Nintendo Wii which was a hard thing to find this year amongst all the hundreds of garage titles.

No comments: