Popular Posts of the Week

Aug 26, 2008

The Girl Gamer Visits Microsoft's X'08 in Toronto

While everyone else is spending last week checking out the latest in gaming at Leipzig GC 2008 or packing their gear for the upcoming PAX 2008 convention, Mike from Attack This! and I was checking out the latest in the gaming from Microsoft at the X'08 preview event in Toronto.

Since I don't get to jet set off to any of the big gaming events due to money and time issues, X'08 is one of the two gaming events I get to look forward to every year in my local area. The X event is put on by Microsoft to showcase all the upcoming Fall and Holiday titles coming to the Xbox 360.

This year's event was held in downtown Toronto in a bar called Circa, which is a pretty amazing looking bar with multiple levels and even a special room decorated in vinyl toys.

Several developers were on hand at the event like Activision, Midway, Warner Bros. Interactive, Square Enix, Electronic Arts, 2K Games, Sega, Ubisoft, Konami, THQ, Epic Games, Disney Interactive, and even a few small developers were there showing off their independent Xbox Live Arcade titles.

While no big announcements are ever released at the X event, Microsoft did decide to bring in the big guns with Cliff Bleszinski, who was on hand for interviews about his upcoming title, Gears of War 2, which was playable on the show floor.

While there were tons of big titles to play like Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Call of Duty: World at War, I was only able to get my hands on a few titles for which I will be posting my hands on impressions soon.

I will say Microsoft definitely knows how to throw a party with tons of food, a open bar and a nice swag bag, though none of the t-shirts fit me. All of them were one size fits standard male geek and I'm standard female geek. All the better to sleep in I guess.

Big howdy to Jimmy at The BBPS.com and the gang at This Week in Geek! Sorry we didn't get to spend more time with you at the event.

So stay tuned for all my hands on game previews.

No comments: