Popular Posts of the Week
I have always been a huge Legend of Zelda fan and recently I came up with an awesome idea for a cake topper. I took a Master Sword and...
Another new piece in my store is from the Disney XD cartoon, Star VS the Forces of Evil. I found this piece of pixel art on a tumblr page,...
Gannondork on Etsy is selling beautiful reproduction prints of a painting they made of the Falcon Airship from Final Fantasy VI. The 18...
Oct 9, 2007
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS SHIPS TO NORTH AMERICAN RETAILERS TODAY
Solid Reviews Heighten Expectations for the Classic Tactical RPG
LOS ANGELES (October 9, 2007) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®:
THE WAR OF THE LIONS™, available exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, is shipping with solid reviews to retailers across North America.
As the first release in the IVALICE ALLIANCE™ series, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS sets the stage for the world of Ivalice. Based on the tactical role-playing game FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, originally released in 1998 on the PS one® game console, this all-new release features never-before-seen cinematic sequences, an entirely new English translation, 16:9 widescreen presentation and new multi-player functionality that will captivate a new generation of gamers. FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS also features new jobs and new characters, including Balthier from FINAL FANTASY® XII and Luso from the upcoming FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2.
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS has received stellar reviews for its graphics and gameplay from the industry’s top critics:
“FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS is about as perfect as games come, and you must play it.”
(9.5 out of 10, Game of the Month)
- PSM: Independent PlayStation Magazine, November 2007
“…once you jump in, you may never want to put another game in your PSP.”
(8.5, 8.5 and 8.0 out of 10, EGM Silver Award)
- EGM, November 2007
“…THE WAR OF THE LIONS is worth a play through from both fans of the original and tactics aficionados.”
(9.5 out of 10)
- Game Informer Magazine, November 2007
“An amazing remake of an already amazing game.”
(4.25 out of 5)
- GamePro, November 2007
In days long past, the War of the Lions rent the land of Ivalice in two. It is here that two young men of note first step onto history’s stage. The first is Delita Heiral, the hero who would draw the curtain on the War of the Lions, this dark act of Ivalice’s history. The other, whose role is now forgotten, is a man by the name of Ramza Beoulve. Peer through the eyes of these two young men and uncover the secrets that lie hidden within history’s darkened folds.
* Witness the origin of the IVALICE ALLIANCE, a series of titles that take place in the same fantastical worlds as FINAL FANTASY XII and the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS™
* Character designer Akihiko Yoshida’s character illustrations come to life in all-new animated sequences that combine hand-drawn-styled visuals with the fluidity of computer graphics – fully voiced exclusively for the English version
* All-new enhancements update the experience for a new generation of gamers – enhanced widescreen presentations, new jobs, new characters and a new English translation deepen the Ivalice experience
* Challenge friends in head-to-head battles with the all-new multiplayer function or team up in the all-new co-operative mode and try to outwit the game’s advanced computer opponents
* Classic orchestrations from world-renowned composers Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata capture the essence and breathtaking drama of the world of Ivalice.
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS has been rated T (Teen) by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) and will be available at retailers for a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information on FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS, please visit http://na.square-enix.com/fftactics/. For more information about the ESRB please visit www.esrb.org.
Character designer Akihiko Yoshida’s illustrations have been faithfully recreated in a set of four miniature figures based on FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS, available exclusively online at the Square Enix Store in November. The collection includes Ramza, Agrias, Delita, and Ovelia for a suggested retail price of $29.99. For additional information and products available at the Square Enix Store, please go to: http://www.square-enix-shop.com.